Employment Physical Exams in Fresno, CA
Fresno Medical Center offers employment physical exams in Fresno, CA. For more information call (559) 206-4429. Schedule an appointment online. We are Conveniently located at 6069 N First St # 103, Fresno, CA 93710.
If you have recently been offered a new job, you might need to receive a pre-employment physical exam. Although they were once restricted to industries that are physically demanding, employment physicals are becoming more common in a variety of fields. Pre-employment physicals help protect companies against work-related lawsuits, but it can also help you. By obtaining a physical before you start a new job, you can be sure that this new position is the right fit for you in your current condition, as well as get a quick check-up that reveals any health issues you may not know you have.
So, what can you expect with a pre-employment physical? While these types of physicals vary depending on the nature of the position you’ve been offered, you can likely expect to:
- Be asked a couple general health questions, such as what your family medical history looks like and how active you are on a day-to-day basis
- Have your vitals taken, which include your height, weight, blood pressure, and temperature
- Undergo a physical examination
- Have your hearing and vision tested
- Be tested for drugs and alcohol, especially if the job you’ve been offered involves driving and/or operating heavy machinery
It’s also important to note that pre-employment physicals can only be legally requested after you have been offered the position. This helps ensure that no discrimination issues will arise.